Friday, November 28, 2008

Pink Saturday-Pink Roses with Something Sweet to Eat

I’m the pie maker for my family! I don’t know, but there is just something wonderful about baking, especially when it is cold here in Iowa. It makes me so happy! So, to share with you today, I have one of my pie dishes I used for Thanksgiving this year. Actually, I had pumpkin pie in it first and it went so quickly that my mom and I decided to bake an apple pie; Word Geek’s favorite. Organic farm apples, yummy! This pie didn’t last long, either, as you can see…


I just love the pink roses! Does anyone else have this pie dish? I got it a few years ago for free with a club membership of some sort…hmm, I can’t remember the club name, now, though.


Happy Pink Saturday!

Now, head on over to Beverly’s and check out the other wonderful Pink Saturday participant’s blogs! Thanks Beverly for hosting Pink Saturday!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Heidi.

I love your pie dish, and those must be some yummy pies you bake. ;-)

SmilingSally said...

Pretty dish, but even prettier is that piece of pie! Happy Pink Day.

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

A pretty dish always make food look and taste better. Thanks now I must go get a piece of pumpkin pie, in a pretty dish. Have a good pink Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I love the pie dish! We made pecan pie and chocolate pudding "smoosh" pie this year for Thanksgiving. But then, we had fajitas instead of turkey on account of our small family. Happy Pink Saturday!

Glennis said...

I love making pies, too. I always do for holidays, and wonder why I don't do it more often.

Your pie looks delicious, and that pie dish is really special. Is it oven-proof? How great is that!

Unknown said...

Pretty dish to find under all that yummy pie!

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely pie dish, Heidi. Please pass a slice of apple my way :o)

Victoria

said...

What a pretty pie dish.

Ellen said...

How beautiful is this pie plate. I would love to have a pie plate that pretty. Amazing how the roses are uncovered. I would love to clean the rest of the plate as the pie looks delish. :)EllenL

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Great PS post ~ Love that pink roses pie dish!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

My Etsy Shops!