Monday, December 1, 2008

Blue Monday-Creating Pumpkin Pie in a Blue Pyrex Bowl

You know you bake a good pie when it disappears fast, super fast! That's what happened on Thanksgiving Day. And that was also one of the reasons I didn't get a photo of the finished product.


When I bake pumpkin pie I always make two batches from scratch. It is by far my favorite pie! A little dollop of whip topping on top and it is as good as gold to me, well except you can eat it! ;) So for two pies this year I mixed them in my new, but very vintage, giant, blue Pyrex bowl….love it!


Happy Blue Monday!


Now, head on over to Smiling Sally and check out the other wonderful Blue Monday participant’s blogs! Thanks Sally for hosting Blue Monday!

7 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I sure that the reason your pies taste so good is that beautiful blue bowl. Happy Blue Day!

Anonymous said...

this is so pretty!! i love it when something pretty can be useful as well!! hugs and prayers...

jlshall said...

I used to collect blue-and-white Pyrex, even though I'm not much of a cook. It's so nostalgic - and getting really hard to find, too. Of course, I bought a lot of mine new, but that's sort of admitting how ancient I am, isn't it?

Happy Blue Monday!

Coloradolady said...

I love your pyrex bowl. Very pretty blue for a Blue Monday post.

Sweetie said...

I had forgotten all about Pyrex. It was "the thing." I got a set of Pyrex bowls when I got married. Now I'm wondering what happened to them. Happy Blue Monday.
Sweetie

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a cute bowl! If somehow it manages to come up missing, you'll know a magpie has it! ;-)

Happy Blue Monday!

Sheila :-)

Neabear said...

That is cool to use your bowls for something. I agree that is why your pies tasted yummy

My Etsy Shops!