Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Very Vintage Halloween Swap!

This was my very first swap I’ve participated in online and I have to say I had a lot of fun with it! The Very Vintage Halloween Swap was hosted by Heidi over at Foxgloves, Fabric, & Folly. Thank you Heidi for allowing me the chance to participate and I must say a special thanks goes out to Heidi’s eldest daughter, Holly as well, for the beautiful tags Heidi sent that Holly made!


My partner was Tamy at 3 Sides of Crazy. She looks to be an excellent cook and I wish I lived a bit closer to try some of her yummy meals first hand.

Here is the package of goodies I sent Tamy!

I decorated an ordinary box with polka dots…


I stuffed the package with some festive vintage style crepe paper…


I also wrapped the gifts in vintage style orange and black crepe paper and finished them off with a fun bow of tulle…


I gave Tamy a set of these festive fall mugs for drinking some warm apple cider or hot chocolate on a cool fall day/evening. I didn’t wrap the mugs up near as well as I should have, as one got broke in transit. Lesson learned = bubble wrap will be my friend when sending anything fragile in the future!


I wrapped up the mugs with vintage style orange crepe paper with vintage black rick rack (one of my favorites!) and put a few orange pixie sticks in the mugs…


I made a couple of large Halloween tags...


And a few smaller tags...Red Riding Hood and The Big Bad Wolf…


I put a small Halloween creative kit together with some fun vintage goodies…


I made a small vintage altered journal…


And last but certainly not least, was a note to explain what all of the goodies could be used for…


This was a lot of fun and I hope to participate in more swaps in the future!

Heidi is hosting another swap that I’m going to be signing up for, called, “A Very Vintage Christmas Swap”. You can sign up here too!


Heidi’s daughter is also having a Christmas swap, it is called, “Snowflakes & Sparkles Christmas Swap”. You can sign up here!


They both sound like lots of fun! Maybe I’ll be your next swap partner! ;)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you sent Tamy a bunch of great vintage items! I would have loved receiving every one and I'll bet she did, too! The journal is so cute and so are the mugs--I think I used to have a set of those ;-)

Come on over to my post and see what my partner sent to me!!! Dana

Jeanne said...

I can tell you really enjoyed your Halloween Swap. What fun gifts. I love the mugs. BOO!

Hugs...Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Oh man...so sorry. I put my comment on the wrong post. Cute mugs. :)

threesidesofcrazy said...

Heidi,
I loved this sooooooooo much and the decorated box was such a special treat. Your handmade tags and Journal were precious and I had some tea in on of my new mugs last night. Thank you so much. With 2 more swaps coming up, I'm sure our paths will cross again. It would be great if you were close enough to try some recipes first hand, but I hope you enjoy them on your own.
Happy Halloween & Hugs,
Tamy

Susan Hickam said...

I would count myself lucky to be paired up with you! I love the halloween tags you made. very nice!

KatCollects said...

You gave her great things! I love how you decorated the box with polka dots, so fun!
Kathy

Heidi said...

Hello Heidi, What a great post!! Thank you so much for showing us all the incredible box you sent your partner! I LOVE how you decorated even the outside of the box!...I may have to do that too in my next swap!...And may I say a huge thank you for promoting both Holly's & my Christmas swaps!!! Thank you again!!! How sweet you are!...Heidi XO

roseylittlethings said...

Your package was wonderfull, I loved it all!

My Etsy Shops!