Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pink Saturday - Christmas & the Vintage Pink Christmas Swap Questionnaire

Happy Pink Saturday!

Halloween is less then a week away now and Christmas is only a few weeks away! It has definitely gotten me thinking about finishing up my Christmas shopping. What do you give for Christmas gifts? Are they store bought, handmade, baked goods, or candy? I’m going to try to finish my Christmas shopping soon, but my Christmas shopping involves making more projects for the ones I love this year. So anything store bought is to help finish up handmade projects for my Christmas gifts. Here are some pink packaged candy canes that have gotten me thinking more about how I want to give handmade Christmas gifts this year.


I am also getting things ready for a couple of the swaps I’m doing this fall and the Vintage Pink Christmas Swap had a fun little questionnaire….

1. What is your favorite Christmas decoration?
Handmade Christmas ornaments are my favorite! I especially enjoy the ones we made as kids and I’m helping to add to my children’s collection by adding ones we make together each year.

2. What colors/themes do you decorate for Christmas?
I love color! I love to decorate with the traditional greens and reds. And I love to add non-traditional colors in groupings together around our home…pinks together, purples together, and blues and whites together. I love silver too and add that in places more often then gold. I love color, and lots of it!

3. What Christmas item would you like to have?
That is a hard question to answer. I like about everything, I don’t think that I’m a picky person…the one thing that I’m NOT a big fan of are Santa’s. About everything else I like!!

4. Favorite goodie & hot drink?
I love cookies around the holidays probably the most. Eggnog is not a hot, well I suppose it could be, but I like it cold, it is probably one of my favorite winter holiday drinks.

5. Are you a crafter? If so what crafts do you do?
I love to be creative with everything! I love to make things and try new things. I love paper and doing different projects with it. I have recently become a fabric lover too. I love collage and adding all sorts of items to my projects.

6. What is your favorite pink item in your home?
Probably either my pink Pyrex bowl or my pink cookie jar.

7. What do you collect?
I especially love handmade items I have. I also love dishes, vases, cake stands, jars, and Pyrex, all the breakable stuff that is no fun to ship. I love things made out of wire, rusty colored items are attracting me more and more, wire baskets are one of my favorites. I love vintage tins too, vintage tablecloths, vintage aprons, vintage linens, and anything quilted. I also love the vintage fisher price little people toys and have fun playing with my little ones with them. When I was a child we played with all the sets around Christmas time that my mom collected, it was a fun tradition. I love pretty much anything vintage, the older the better! ;) I have so many things I like and love!

8. Do you have special family traditions for the holidays?
Every Christmas we spend with my family! We start our Christmas Day by checking out the stockings…then we go to church remembering the true meaning behind Christmas…”Jesus is the Reason for the Season”…then we cook Christmas dinner and eat it, yummy!...then we open gifts youngest to oldest…and then we relax because we are usually worn out by then!!

We have our family (the hubby & our two children’s) Christmas on New Year’s Day and lay the gifts unwrapped in front of the tree for the kids to find in the morning on New Year’s Eve. That is the way my parent’s did it, it is cheaper, “greener”, and just less work for this mama!! ;)

Go on over to Beverly’s and check out all the other Pink Saturday participant's blogs!

And look for more Christmas items in My Etsy Shop this week!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Heidi. Good for you for making gifts. I know the recipients treasure them.

It was fun reading your answers. You better close your eyes if you come to our home - we have Santas. ;-)

Anonymous said...

It is so wonderful and fulfilling to make and receive hand made gifts. I enjoyed reading your post. Happy Pink Saturday.

Unknown said...

Pink candy canes, really! Looks like we are dooing many of the same swaps!

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

What a fun PINK post!

~ Gabriela ~

Vylat said...

Do you think Santa could be persuaded to dye his beard pink? lol. Just dropping in today while getting ready for Blue Monday.

Sherri said...

How fun to read more about you. That picture is great. So bright and cheery.

SmilingSally said...

I don't do Santa either, but I love to celebrate Christmas. Of course, my children are grown and gone. Thanks for sharing. I have a book giveaway. See my sidebar to enter. Happy Pink Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Loved your answers..you have a lovely blog. Happy Pink Saturday..

said...

Heidi, I love pink Pyrex too, although I don't have any yet.

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

I know I"m late but I'm still making the rounds. There was a lot of pink to see this week.
I love those candy canes and I'm hoping to give more handmade and baked goods this year.

KatCollects said...

What a fun post. I am leaning towards making more of my gifts this year, from craft things to home baked things and even my cards. And maybe I will tie them all with pink candy canes : )
Kathy

Stephanie said...

What wonderful answers! Love the traditions...family etc. Thanks for sharing!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Stephanie

My Etsy Shops!