Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pink, Pink, Pink!!! Saturday!!!

I’ve decided to join the ladies in “Pink Saturday” blogging! What is "Pink Saturday"? Many bloggers post something pink on their blog on Saturday, and then check out other people's blogs on the list of "Pink Saturday" bloggers to see what pink things have been posted. Beverly over at How Sweet the Sound came up with this fun idea!! I heard about it awhile back, but I usually don't make the time to blog. I am trying to get better and here is my third post this week already! Blogging world here I come!!!


I think it is easier for me to make a post when there is already a subject at hand. Especially when it is about the color PINK; one of my new favorite colors! Here is one of my favorite pink items in our home…


That’s right, pink Pyrex…double “p” if you know me…ok, well I just had to write that! We’ve rhymed words around here lately, pretty fun! I guess I consider that fun because my word geek of a husband has rubbed off on me. Well anyhow back to the PINK! Here is another photo of my pink Pyrex…yup upside down! I'm a photo taking fool, in case you didn't know!


I just started collecting vintage Pyrex this fall and this was my very first vintage Pyrex piece I bought! No chips either! I bought it at a thrift shop for 99 cents!!! It did NOT have a price on it and the employee said 99 cents and I was thrilled! But I kept my cool until I got out of the store, after paying for it of course. ;)


I’m kind of surprised I didn’t start collecting Pyrex until this fall because I love vintage stuff, especially dishes. But maybe it was because it always seemed pricey at garage sales/yard sales, and I am cheap frugal. Now I’m kicking myself for not picking up pieces over the years, but I’m sure I’ll make up for it! I think I probably already have; look in the background of the next two photos, and there are more pieces not pictured...


Do you collect vintage Pyrex? What's your favorite piece?


Have a great weekend and a Happy Pink Saturday!

19 comments:

Beverly said...

Welcome to your first Pink Saturday, Heidi. I sent you an e-mail with some information.

I haven't ever collected Pyrex, but I have had the pink set on my list for a while. Great find.

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

Thanks for sharing!
An happy PINK Saturday for you too!
Kisses
Debbie Moss

(From England)

Kris said...

Happy Pink Saturday.

Love the old Pirex bowl.

Kris

gbloom studio said...

Happy Pink Saturday! I love your vintage pink pyrex!
Blessing,
Gina

Katie said...

Happy Pink Saturday! Are those gooseberries on the Pyrex?

CC said...

I love the pink pyrex..it's lovely..come visit.

SmilingSally said...

Pink Pyrex dishes. Welcome to your first Pink Saturday

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Happy first Pink Saturday, Heidi! I love all the cute circular tags at your etsy..and the pyrex bowl is so cute..there is another pink blogger that had posted one last Saturday I believe..I was in the bookstore the other day looking through a collectible price guide. I saw the pink pyrex (13.5") size and it was valued at $30-$40..boy, do I wish I had held on to so much of that stuff. Now days it's fabric, patterns and yarn..LOL

Have a great PINK week,
Stephanie
Queen of Dreamsz

Neabear said...

Happy First Pink Saturday! It is fun to do the Pink Saturday thing. How lucky you got with your pink pyrex purchase! Wow!!

Kathy said...

Love your sweet pink bowl!
Happy Pink Saturday...Kathy

Jeanne said...

Heidi, I love your PP so much. smile
What a great price for the pretty in pink Pyrex. It is good to keep cool when you are getting a deal like that. They should never know. lol

Hugs...Jeanne

imjacobsmom said...

Welcome and Happy Pink Saturday! I have that Pyrex bowl - only in the yellow and black. I can't believe you got that bowl for $.99! I do however have the Pyrex mixing bowl set in pink. You know, the set that everyone else has in the primary colors. The weirdest thing just happened to me tonight. I opened my cabinet and found my Corning ware loaf pan cracked in half! Of course, nobody will fess up to it....I thought they never broke. I thought they were guarenteed for life - Ill have to check that out. ~ Robyn

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Gotta love Pyrex what a wonderful color. Happy Pink Saturday!
Hugs, Bobbi Jo-AZ

Nerissa Alford said...

Oooh, I've never seen a pink one. My mother in law has a cute sea green one I'm in love with. Thanks for sharing & happy pink saturday
Nerissa

KatCollects said...

Welcome to Pink Saturday! That is a great bowl and a great deal, love when I find treasures for cheap : )
Kathy

s. said...

Pink Saturday?! Now that is a neat idea! I loooooove pink! Love that pyrex...it doesn't get any better than that!

http://peasandbees.typepad.com

Stephanie said...

Love it!! I'm going to have to find some pyrex too!!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Stephanie

Virginia said...

Love the old Pirex bowl.
Happy belated Pink Saturday!
Blessings, Virginia

Margie said...

Ahhhhh, yes, I love this *pink* pyrex set. I believe it is called "Gooseberry". I have the set of 3 bowls, and also 3 little covered dishes. I posted the set of 3 bowls a while back if you care to check out my post! (I guarantee I didn't get any of mine for the great price you did, though!)

Have a lovely week!

Margie :)

My Etsy Shops!