Monday, October 13, 2008

Blue Monday - Blue At the Zoo!

This is the first time I’ve participated in Blue Monday. Sally at SmilingSally came up with Blue Monday! Thanks Sally!

I was going through a few photos I took earlier this year and came upon a zoo trip that we took in April on my birthday. We were going to go to the zoo on our son's 5th birthday, which is also in April, but it was gloomy and rainy. We changed plans at the last minute since a good portion of this zoo is outside. He didn't know the wiser; it was going to be a surprise so he wasn't disappointed. I admit I was a little because we had not been there for quite awhile. I like to go out and do something out of the ordinary on my birthday, so it seemed like the perfect thing to do. It turned out really nice and was a sunny day. April is a pretty good time to go to the zoo around here because it is usually still cool (which I love) and there are not as many people at the zoo. I like going when it is less busy, it is easier to see the animals when you don’t feel like you are being rushed. It is less sticky and hot too which helps keep the stink factor down. There was quite a bit of blue at the zoo. Blue is one of my favorite colors! ;)

Here is a really beautiful, blue, poisonous frog...



Frogs are a favorite too...I have lots of favorites! ;)



A blue fish...



A very beautiful peacock...







Happy Blue Monday!



Have a great week!

17 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I seen peacocks, I seen parrot fish, but I've never seen a BLUE frog! Amazing. Thanks for sharing. Happy 1st Blue Monday!

Dirkjogt said...

For me it's also the first time to see a blue frog, thanks for sharing! The colour says enough, keep away from me, I'm poisenous!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I especially like the frogs :>) Happy Blue Monday!

Coloradolady said...

Beautiful photos. That little frog is just too cute to be poisonous...such a pity. Have a great blue monday.

Anonymous said...

ohhhhh and ahhhhh your blue pictures are lovely. The frog and the fish blues are so vividly beautiful.
The zoo is a wonderful place to take children...children of allll ages. There is just so much to see and learn. I'm sure there was lots for your little 5 year old to see even indoors. Madeline who is 4 has been going for YEARS *g*..too and always finds something new to talk about.
Thank you for sharing.
judi

Neabear said...

Some very beautiful blues there. What a fun day at the zoo! Happy Blue Monday!

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

I want a peacock so bad. But I am afraid my dogs would kill it.

Molly said...

These are beautiful photos! Happy Blue Monday.

Anonymous said...

What beauitful creatures! I never knew there was a blue frog!

Sweetie said...

A blue frog - how unique!!! Your blues are great - especially the fish and the peacock. I like to visit the Washington zoo before the busy, hot season too. It looks like you really had a great time. Happy Blue Monday!
Sweetie

Beverly said...

Hi Heidi.

Wow, that frog is so unusual. Since it is poisonous I believe I would be staying clear.

My husband's grandmother had peacock. And, they were beautiful, but very loud.

Kim said...

What fun and beautiful pictures. I love the blue frog. I have never ever seen something that strange!!! What a wonderful way to spend your birthday.

Happy Blue Monday!!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Your Zoo Blue photos are great! Love the Peacock, it would have been a great photo if he was showing his feathers! Thanks for stopping by my place today. Take Care!!

Sherrie

imjacobsmom said...

Cool pics~a blue frog?, ick! A bright blue fish~pretty, and you can never go wrong with a beautiful peacock! Happy Blue Monday! ~ Robyn

Unknown said...

I had no idea that there were blue frogs!

Love all you blue at the zoo pics...I love to go to zoos myself!

ellen b. said...

Love all these blue creatures but the frog is amazing. Yikes! Welcome to blue monday and thanks for your prayers for my family..

Eleanor said...

Amazing pics for Blue Monday. I love the peacock. I have Ibis in my garden which are large birds with blueish sheen to their grey feathers and I call them my peacocks!

My Etsy Shops!