Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pink Saturday - Floral Happiness!

Today I would like to share with you one of my favorite summer plants that produce and produce beautiful flowers all summer long. I know, I know....summer is over! But it doesn’t have to be because you can bring this plant inside and enjoy it all fall and winter long. Enjoy it in the spring too, and then again in summer next year. It comes in a wide variety of colors too. What is this mysterious plant you say!?

An Impatient!!! They are fairly easy to take care of…..they wilt if you don’t water them, unlike some plants that just die. Impatiens give you a warning in my opinion, saying please water me…don’t ask me how I know this!?


They come in wide varieties of colors. This one looks more pink then red in person…


And here is a little something floral with a touch of pink to go with my blog post today that I just added to My Etsy Shop.


For more Pink Saturday, check out Beverly’s blog here.

Happy Pink Saturday! And have a great weekend!

16 comments:

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Heidi.

My mother always plants impatiens, too. Yours are lovely, and I agree they definitely send "I'm thirsty" messages.

Thanks for sharing your lovely pinks today.

Stacey said...

I love the Impatients. I have been surrounded by them most of my life... and they even grow over here in Scotland (although not year round). Happy Pink Saturday! :-) Stacey

. said...

Hi love those flowers also! I'd say i'm kinda like those flowers a little impatient. lol Denise

SmilingSally said...

I love impatients. Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday! I am giving away a BOX of new books; come enter after you see my Pink Saturday post.

Glennis said...

So pretty.

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

Love PINK impatients!

~ Gabriela ~

Virginia said...

I love impatients. I plant them evry year.
Happy pink Saturday!Virginia

One Knit One Purl said...

Happy Pink Saturday - very nice photos!

Take care,
Susan

imjacobsmom said...

I never knew you could bring your impatiens in and overwinter them. We haven't had a hard frost here yet and mine are blooming beautiful. ~ Robyn

KatCollects said...

I have always planted impatients every year, but have never tried to bring them in and save them, hmmmm. I hope you are having a great weekend!
Kathy

Katie said...

Such lovely flowers - thanks for sharing!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Happy Pink Saturday! Love your flowers!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Sherri said...

A great summer plant. They will grow in almost any type of weather, but my brown thumb is the end of them often.

Protector of Vintage said...

Love your impatiens. I plant a lot of them because they do so well in our shady yard. I enjoyed visiting today. Take care~

CC said...

Such pretty, pretty pink flowers.
Have a great week and come visit.:)

said...

You certainly can't go wrong with impatiens; they are timeless and beautiful in all colors or a solid color theme. I haven't been able to grow them myself in years because we have full sun, but they will always be a favorite.

My Etsy Shops!