Monday, December 15, 2008

Blue Monday-Happy Birthday Melissa!

One of my friends has a birthday today! And it’s not just any ordinary birthday, she’s 30! ;) I thought I would share with you something I made for her that has a touch of blue in it…


I got the info that I used in the poster, from this site here.

I finished it off with an 8 x 10, black picture frame. I think this would be fun to give to someone at almost any age and you could add info you think they would especially enjoy.

And for a card...I borrowed the following photo from a forward my sister sent me to suit my needs. I printed it on some sunshiny yellow paper and put it in an envelope with some bubble gum!

It was passed around at her surprise party over the weekend and I think most everyone got a kick out of it. :)

I didn't have much blue in this post and it is super duper cold and windy here. So I thought I would also add this beautiful morning glory photo I took to warm us up a bit!


Happy Blue Monday!

Now, head on over to Smiling Sally and check out the other wonderful Blue Monday participant’s blogs! Thanks Sally for hosting Blue Monday!

7 comments:

SmilingSally said...

You are a special friend, and I'm sure that Melissa will enjoy her birthday more because of your efforts. Happy Blue Monday!

You did not permalink. People may have troubles finding your post after today. See rule #3.

Unknown said...

Great idea for a birthday gift! I have a magnet with some of that info from the year I was born.

Neabear said...

What a great idea for a birthday! Very clever. Happy Blue Monday!

Anonymous said...

My very first Blue Monday post was a morning glory. They're so pretty!

What a sweet birthday gift! And that card is hilarious.

Envoy-ette said...

Wow- what memories 1978 brought back!

Grandma Faith said...

You are a thoughtful and creative friend.

Anonymous said...

Tha card is just too cute. :). I love your flower photo.. Happy late Blue Monday.

My Etsy Shops!