Saturday, November 1, 2008

Pink Saturday – Pink Katydids!?

I can’t believe it is already Pink Saturday again! This week sure did zoom by with Halloween. We visited a great pumpkin patch and went trick or treating which isn’t a usual for us. How was your Halloween?

My pink today was brought on by a comment I received from Knitty over at Lazy Days and Sundays. I posted about a blue lobster for Blue Monday this past week and she said there are neon pink katydids too, so I had to check them out!


The resource of the photo is here.

I guess katydids change their color sometimes. It sounds somewhat rare, but they must be around something pink to try to camouflage themselves, probably all those pretty pink flowers we like to write about! Here is a great article I found on them.

I guess it’s true…you do learn something new every day!!

I planned to get some Christmas items up on Etsy last week, but time really slipped away. Nobody said being a work at home mom was going to be easy. I created some fun Christmas tags though, now I just need to get them up. So seriously look for them to be up this week in My Etsy Shop…I’m thinking Tuesday! I have plans for this weekend and a Photoshop assignment due Monday. Busy, busy!

Go on over to Beverly’s and check out the other wonderful Pink Saturday participant’s blogs! Thanks Beverly for hosting Pink Saturday!

Happy Pink Saturday!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Heidi.

Wow, pink katydids. That is a new one on me, but it is fabulous.

I'll be bag to see your pretties.

threesidesofcrazy said...

WOW Awesome capture Heidi!

Robyn said...

OH YEA! That katydid is DEFINITELY PINK!!!

Quite an original post!

Have a fun Pink Saturday!

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

What a great PINK post!

~ Gabriela ~

Glennis said...

That is totally amazing! Who knew? How great to have a whole gardenful of brilliant pink large hopping insects ....er... on second thought, maybe not!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Fleur de Bee said...

WOW that is an amazing shade!! What a fantastic pic!!

Happy PINK Sat!!

xo Molly

SmilingSally said...

Ewwww, I hate bugs, even pink ones. Happy Pink Saturday!

Stephanie said...

Wow! Mother nature really does have the best colors!!!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Stephanie

imjacobsmom said...

I guess wwe do learn something new everyday. Cool info. Hope you enjoy your PS! ~ Robyn

Unknown said...

I didn't know that any insects were this color! What an awesome picture!
diane

Anonymous said...

A Katydid really SHOULD be pink with a name like Katydid! It is a fascinating photo! Happy Pink Saturday!

gbloom studio said...

Happy Pink Saturday! What a great picture! I had no idea that a bug could be such a bright and beautiful color! Thanks for sharing!
Gina

Virginia said...

Totally amazing!!!
Have a happy & Bless weekend,
Virginia

Leslie said...

Thats awesome!
Happy Pink Saturday!

KatCollects said...

I never knew they could be pink, very interesting. Happy Pink Saturday.
Kathy

said...

That's amazing!

Sherri said...

Wow, who knew. I had only seen the green ones which creep me out.

mysteryhistorymom said...

Heidi Jo- We are partners in Heidi's Vintage Christmas Swap!! I am a fellow home schooler, too! It's going to be fun getting to know each other, my new friend.:) I wanted to let you know that I put on my questionnaire that I love winter white, and I really do, but I love lots of color, too- just like you!:) We have so much in common.... Lori

~*~Patty S said...

WOW nature is just SO amazing TFS this neat pic!

Unknown said...

pink katydids; so cool! I'll pass this on to my nephew who loves bugs!

My Etsy Shops!