Saturday, January 23, 2010

Death is not Dying


I wrote a classmate just
last week a Happy Birthday
message on Facebook. And
today I found out she went to
be with Jesus in Heaven yesterday,
after losing her battle to cancer.



I wasn’t close with her, but I do remember
her in high school and writing a thing or two
here and there to her on Facebook.



It just hits too close to home when you have
things in common though.



She just turned 31 this year, was married
with two kids. Her parents still together,
which seems so rare these days.



And her death makes me wonder why her,
and not me?



Or why not someone else,
maybe even someone older?



We don’t have the answers or maybe
we do and it’s the answer that we don’t
want.



I really like the following video (6 parts) below or (one video) here, Death is not Dying.



I have watched/listened to it several times.



It helps me feel.



It makes me live fully.



It makes me love and
love more unconditionally.



It makes me want to
be a better person.



It gives me peace and hope
when I think of the loved
ones I miss.



And it makes me
cling more to God
and Jesus as my
Savior.







I really liked the quote by Martyn Lloyd-Jones: "Have you realized that most of your unhappiness in life is due to the fact that you are listening to yourself rather than talking to yourself?"



Definitely some food for thought.



You can find Rachel's Book List on the website Death is not Dying.



Please pass this along!



To all the men in your life too.



Open your heart to God.




"I am here to serve with Joy."

0 comments:

My Etsy Shops!